You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Recipe Step by Step
COFFEE-FLAVORED VIENNESE BISCUIT
40g Egg yolks
65g Egg whites
50g All-purpose flour
5g Coffee powder
Then, beat the egg whites with the remaining 25g of sugar until stiff. Mix the stiffened whites with the other mixture and finally add the sifted flour.
Weigh out 360g of the sponge mixture and spread it out on a 30×40cm baking sheet with a pastry spatula. Sprinkle the coffee powder over the top.
Bake the sponge in a fan-assisted oven at 445°F (230°C) for approx. 6-7 minutes.
COFFEE DULCEY 35% CRÉMEUX
225g Whole milk
45g Egg yolks
45g Coffee beans
185gDULCEY 35% chocolate
2g Gelatin sheets
Decant into a saucepan on a low heat. Stir gently until the cream thickens slightly and sticks to the back of the spatula. Use a thermometer to check the temperature is at 180°F (82°C).
Once this coffee crème anglaise has reached this temperature, remove the saucepan from the heat and strain. Add the rehydrated gelatin.
Gradually combine with the melted DULCEY 35% until it has a smooth, glossy, elastic texture. Mix using an immersion blender to form a perfect emulsion and ensure a smooth crémeux. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
IVOIRE 35% MASCARPONE WHIPPED GANACHE
105g Whole milk
20g Acacia honey
85g IVOIRE 35% chocolate
100g Heavy cream 36%
200g Espresso coffee
HAZELNUT DULCEY 35% GLAZE
800gDULCEY 35% chocolate
80g Grape seed oil
200g Chopped roasted hazelnuts
Assembly and finishing
• Cut three 30×10cm strips of coffee-flavored Viennese biscuit.
• Take a 30×10cm pan that is 5cm high. Place a strip of sponge in the pan and soak it in the coffee syrup. On top, pipe 120g of DULCEY 35% coffee crémeux and smooth it out. Freeze.
• Beat 120g of the whipped ganache until it has a smooth texture that will pipe easily. Then, pipe it onto the first layer of DULCEY 35% coffee crémeux and smooth it out. Place a strip of sponge on top, soak it in syrup and put the pan in the freezer.
• Repeat the above instructions.
• Once frozen, turn out from the pan and cut into 3cm wide pieces.
• Place the pieces on their sides (so that all the layers are visible) and cover the top with clear glaze for an extra shiny finish. Return to the freezer.
• Coat the top and sides with the hazelnut DULCEY 35% glaze. Freeze for 30 minutes.
• Finally, place it in the fridge to defrost the day before serving.