You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Made with Manjari 64% Pure Madagascar
Makes 10 pieces6 steps
Recipe Step by Step
VIENNESE COCOA SPONGE
40g Egg yolks
110g Caster sugar (85g+25g)
65g Egg whites
25g Plain flour
25g COCOA POWDER
Weigh out 360g of the sponge mixture and spread it out on a 30 × 40cm baking tray with a pastry spatula.
Bake the sponge in a fan-assisted oven at 445°F (230°C) for approx. 6-7 minutes.
MANJARI 64% CRÉMEUX
125g Whole milk
125g Whipping cream 35%
25g Caster sugar
50g Egg yolks
2g Gelatine sheets
110gMANJARI 64% chocolate
Pour the hot milk and cream into this mixture, stirring all the while. Decant into a saucepan on a low heat. Stir gently until the cream thickens slightly and sticks to the back of the spatula. Use a thermometer to check the temperature is at 180°F (82°C).
Once it has reached this temperature, take the pan off the heat and filter any lumps out of your crème anglaise. Add the rehydrated gelatine.
Gradually combine with the melted MANJARI 64% until it has a smooth, glossy, elastic texture. Mix using a hand blender to form a perfect emulsion and ensure a smooth crémeux.
Cover the surface with cling film and store in the refrigerator.
IVOIRE 35% VANILLA KIRSCH WHIPPED GANACHE
330g Whipping cream 35% (90g + 240g)
10g Acacia honey
120gIVOIRE 35% chocolate
2 Vanilla pods
Mix and add 240g of cold cream and the kirsch. Seal using cling film and store ideally overnight in the refrigerator.
Morello Cherry Jelly
140g Morello cherry purée
70g Morello cherries in alcohol
4g Gelatin Sheet
CHOCOLATE LIQUEUR SYRUP
30g Caster sugar
40g Chocolate liqueur
1 Vanilla pod
Mix the syrup and add the chocolate liqueur.
MANJARI 64% GLAZE
800gMANJARI 64% chocolate
80g Grape seed oil
Assembly and finishing
• Cut the chocolate sponge into four 30×10cm strips.
• In a 30×10cm pan that is 5cm high, place a strip of sponge and soak it with the chocolate liqueur syrup. Pipe 125g of MANJARI 64% crémeux on top and smooth it out. Then, cover with a strip of sponge, soak it in syrup and place in the freezer. • Beat the whipped ganache until it has a smooth texture that will pipe easily. Pipe 125g of this mixture onto the second strip of sponge and smooth it out. Cover with another strip of sponge, soak it in syrup and place in the freezer.
• Make the Morello cherry jelly and pour 125g onto the third strip of sponge. Smooth it out and place the last strip of sponge on top. Soak it in syrup and place in the freezer.
• Once frozen, remove from the pan and cut into 3cm wide pieces.
• Place on its side (so that all the layers are visible) and cover the top in clear glaze for an extra shiny finish, then return to the freezer.
• Cover the top and sides with MANJARI 64% glaze. Freeze for 30 minutes.
• Place in the fridge to defrost the day before serving and enjoy.
You don’t have to include the Kirsch if you’d prefer not to.